November has been a month of many faces for Matthew. He started to
smile and we still haven't gotten a good picture of it. He has
developed a little of what I would like to call "camera shyness". As
soon as he either sees it or hears me turn it on it is like he turns off
all emotion and stares at the camera like he is scared of it. It is
pretty funny. I am thinking about disguising the camera so he doesn't
know what it is. He is a smart little boy. But we knew that
right?!?! He also found his fingers last week and has decided to
always have them in his mouth. He puts his thumb in between his pointer
and middle finger and then tries to put his whole fist in his mouth.
One day I pulled them out and tried to put his binky in his mouth and
boy did he let me have it. I promptly removed the binky and replaced
his fingers and he calmed right back down. He definitely knows
what he likes and wants.
He is growing so much and we are estimating that he will be about
12 pounds this week at his next dr's appt. He loves to eat and eat...
His eyes keep getting more and more blue, so I think we have decided he
is going to have blue eyes. We are pretty excited about that and love
the expression he has in his eyes. One funny story that has been named
"The Triple Threat" around our house is one night when I woke up to feed
him. I was changing him and got #1, #2 and a full barrage of spit up.
It got on me, him, the bib, the blanket the carpet. I went through 3
diapers, 2 sets of clothes for him, 2 blankets and a change of clothing
for me. Yikes. I just laughed- I think it would have been a pretty
funny sight to see me. Eric is not looking forward to beating
He has been such a joy to have and our family is loving getting to
know him. The family that hasn't made it here to visit us will meet him
over Christmas and they are all just so excited to see Matthew, and we
are excited to show him off.

No comments:
Post a Comment