Thursday, September 25, 2008

Matthew's 1st B-day!



We got to celebrate Matthew's 1st birthday!
I just can't believe he has been in our family for one year. He has been such a blessing to us and we are so grateful for his happy spirit in our home. We have been so blessed this past year to watch and learn with this little guy.


We had lots of fun giving him two parties with both of our families and watching him eat cake! I couldn't resist and made hima little bear cake. It was a lot of work and didn't look quite like the picture, but I think overall it turned out pretty cute.


















Matthew is learning so many new things.

-This month he has really taken to walking- It is so much fun to watch his cute little feet try to get all the places he wantsto go.
- He has no concept of height or stairs really. He would walk right off the top of stairs if I would let him and almost did a fewtimes- yikes!
- He loves balloons!
- He laughs at himself and thinks he is the funniest person around.

- He loves to swing on the swing.

- His first words are dad and dog. He is starting to mimic us and I am certain is saying a lot more but notvery clearly. He definitely has his own little language and tells us lots of stories.

- He loves to eat pretty much anything I give him. When he eats something cold, he pulls a really sour face. It is so cute.

- Oh and so many more things but mostly he is just the most adorable little boy and I love him so much! We are looking forward to many more happy moments with him!

No comments: